Penicillin 6-5000

I have an ear infection. I haven’t had an ear infection since I was something like 8 years old. It’s absolutely undignified, to walk around pointing the opposite side of my head at people while I explain I’m half-deaf due to grody pink lumps. I only assume they’re grody pink lumps, really – the people down at student health have never had much truck with eloquent, descriptive narrative. Last week, when I went in for an evaluation of “ibuprofen and try not to fill your ear with water,” the doctor said it was pink, and it certainly feels grody.

I guess the lumps are just artistic license. They ought to connect those little ear-examiners to televisions, to prevent such wild claims. Anyway, they gave me some very attractive pills.

1. ester wrote:

ear infections are the best! or at least they used to be, when i was young and would get them annually when my family vacationed in vermont. the friendly local doctor always gave me the same immoxicilin (sp?). trust me, this is the one time you throw the pills in the sewer and demand the liquid stuff. mmmm ….

2. yami wrote:

Yeah, but I miss when ear infections were only detectable because I turned the TV up too loud – this one hurts!

3. yami wrote:

Oh, how embarassing – they gave me amoxicillin, not penicillin. I blame the half-deafness.

4. grid wrote:

I used to get ear infections as a child too! They figured out I was allergic to milk, and suddenly they stopped happening. Fortunately, I’m no longer alergic, or I wouldn’t be able to eat all this chocolate!

5. Dennis wrote:

“Grody”? As in, “to the max”?
    Is that term coming back? Or was it never gone in the first place?
    I feel so out of it. Like, totally.

6. yami wrote:

Dude, living so close to the Valley of Valleyspeak fame, it’s, like, totally impossible for me to keep my slang sorted out.