In Which I Am Excited About Compost
- Graham Leuschke – your grandmother’s mathematician, or not? I suspect not, unless there’s something about your grandmother’s mathematician collection that you haven’t been telling me, O Dear Reader. In any case, I quite enjoyed meeting him for coffee on Saturday. I’m all, like, intensely secondhand connected to the l33t Internet snow monkey zeitgeist society now, and stuff, so there!
- They’re hatin’ on the evolutionary psychology down at Crooked Timber – here and here. Go join! The comment threads are in grave danger of being bogged in their own meaningless seriousnesses.*
- I tried leaving a message with a particular local hotel re: Item 1, but they refused to write it down (in Cyrillic or otherwise) and leave it under the door. It’s way hard to leave an answering machine message in a foreign character set. One more reason to deplore the ubiquity of voicemail.
- My birthday is also Space Invaders Day; how cool is that?
- My odometer rolls over in ten miles, i.e., tomorrow morning. You are all advised to steer clear of the 210 eastbound, as I will be driving around dangerously fixated on my dashboard.
*Who else thinks the expression “bogged down” needs a trim? I hate prepositions today, and wish that I spoke Finnish instead.