Pimp Mah Blawg!
It really has been a while since I’ve done any serious tinkering here; the backlog of utterly frivolous scripts and crap add-ons is just immense. And sometimes you just gotta fix what ain’t broken, but I’m tellin’ you, it will be pimpin’.
Before such an eventuality can eventuate, I must complete a list of tasks, which I have put in the extended entry. If you’re also looking to add doohickeys to your Movable Type weblog, or you’ve secretly been hoping that I’d implement Doohickey X expressly for your inexplicable selfish pleasure, you might read on; otherwise, it’s very very dull.
Create a LazyBlog, for quick links. Write up sidebar boxes as files for php includes. Implement collapsing sidebar cookie gadgets.
- Install SimpleComments.
- All those goddamn templates: comments, comment preview, search results, archives, blah blah blah. Make them all pretty-lookin, and while I’m at it, get the comment links in monthly/category archives to work correctly.
- Validate code.
- Check design in IE at work. If it’s awful, fuck IE.
- Go back through Dive Into Accessibility, make sure I haven’t forgotten anything important.
- Con readers with crap old browsers into checking for elegant degradation.
- Redo non-blog pages and photoblog to match, with header-bar for universal branding, hoorah!
- Make a cleverer pan-archive index.
- Put in a paginating plugin – some of the category archives are getting unacceptably ginormous.
- Optimize Google-ju
- Find/create more 12×12 icons for lazyblog categories
- Add new alternate stylesheets
- Think about on-the-fly compression
- Maybe some kinda egocentric thing for all the brilliant remarks I waste on other sites
- Someday I should really convert to MySQL, then I could do even more self-absorbed referrer things, and there’s other hacks I don’t need at all that I rilly rilly should implement, I’m sure.
- Turn off the computer and go outside.