- The Benefits of Singing Christmas Carols To Yourself While Driving
- Nobody objects when you change keys in the middle of “O Holy Night”.
- Similarly, nobody objects when you change languages in the middle of a carol, or tries to tell you that “wie zauber zoom om winterzheit” isn’t perfect German. You may assert with perfect impunity that Greensleeves is, in fact, the child laid to rest on Mary’s lap.
- Requests for “Gloucestershire Wassail” will never be met with a rousing rendition of “Here We Come A-Wassailing”.
- Nobody ever gets sick of singing two-and-a-half verses of “Gloucestershire Wassail” repeated nonstop for twenty minutes and asks to do “the Twelve Days of Christmas” instead, hurrah! I am now very certain of the colors of my ale and toast.