Delicious Internet Noms
I finally fixed up a semi-automatic link-posting script that fits my needs – if you’re interested in the gory details, or using the script yourself, see my post on the B-Sides. Enjoy all the backlogged links!
- Call for Submissions: Carnival of the Arid —
Submissions should have something to do with a desert somewhere in the world. … scientific in nature, or history, or travelog. Images are welcome, photographic or otherwise. Discussions of culture and politics are welcome if they’re desert-related. The one restriction, other than geographical, is that — at least when I’m compiling it — paeans to destroying the desert probably won’t make it.
- Lee Byron » Else » Stream Graph Paper — Algorithms for producing pretty stacked graphs on a timeline
- Earth Impact Effects — Apocalypse porn. Put in some meteorite impact parameters and see just how thoroughly you would be obliterated.
- How To Spend a Nice Quiet Evening With a Potato — An introduction to botany.
- Geologically Brunette — “I admit I am fantasizing about posting my resume on pink paper for the oil company interviews.”
- Why aren’t features on Mercury named after women? — Because everything on Venus is named after a woman, and you’re not supposed to duplicate
- Washington Geologic Maps
- Seismic hazard map of Seattle
- Historical Statistics for Mineral Commodities in the United States, Data Series 2005-140 — Production, consumption, and value of non-fuel minerals and materials.
- mathurl.com — turn LaTeX code into a hotlinkable image