- Because we’re laid-back West Coast hippies, we start everything just a little bit late, and it’s cool.
- Because we have an acupuncture needle stuck up our collective ass, we decided to make that precisely ten minutes late. If you show up at 11 minutes past you’re really harshing our learning buzz, y’know?
New arrivals to campus are left to discover this policy on their own, through the exciting process of being ridiculously early to their first class.
Meanwhile, back in the House of Applied Queer Theory:
- There’s an ongoing debate about whether or not painting over some Ani DiFranco lyrics in the stairwell was somehow anti-feminist*.
- We struck a blow for gay rights by relabeling all the cereal boxes as “Queerios”
- My former temporary roommate is talking about a book she read (for some class on representations of homosexuality in film) that put forth in dead seriousness the proposition that anal sex leads to communism, because private parts inspire private property. Or something.
Finally, as Chris Clarke so eloquently reminds us, we’re all going to die but Berkeley is next.
*Why is it that people like to put poetry on walls? It’s just a lazy excuse for a proper mural. If anyone knows of some good radical feminist art, with none of this bullshit about putting content above visual style, let me know and I’ll propose it as a compromise.