You Know You’re Marrying a Geologist When…
- You scour eBay looking for zircon engagement rings. Zircons are forever.
- During the wedding portraits, you keep hearing the words “for scale”
- Who knew REI had a bridal section?
- Altar? I thought you said meet me at the outcrop!
- She asks the musicians to slow down at any interesting unconformities exposed in the Canyon in D
- Your gift registry has its own GSA or AGU session
- Your vows include a promise not to take each other for granite
- You suggest following that up with a promise not to be fault-finders with each other, and she nearly dumps you
- She keeps asking if you’ve tried licking it
- She asks you to rub it against your teeth
- You honeymoon in Hawai’i without ever seeing the beach… because you are at the active flows or the summit caldera the whole time.
I’m getting hitched today. Comment moderation will be nonexistent for the next week – the honeymoon is sadly not in Hawai’i, but it is far away from the Internets.
And I know there should be something in there about a Brunton, but couldn’t quite figure out where. Anyone? Bueller?